I wanted to share how to add simple shelves to your kitchen or any other area of your home. These shelves are quite simple and can come in quite a few variations, depending on your own personal style. I chose simple black brackets ( nothing in my home stays for very long, as I am already looking into changing these a bit 😜) shown above, to add warmth and give an industrial feel. you can choose other finishes or even use chippy, old corbels for a real authentic farmhouse feel. Listed below is the supplies I used for the shelves.-
- 1 2×8 unfinished common board 8ft long ( locating some old barnwood and sealing it would add character as well)
- Two black shelf brackets ( whichever design you prefer) or any other form of bracket/corbel
- Minwax wood stain in dark walnut
- Rustoleum spray sealant ( easy and quick!)
You would also need a drill, level and stud finder to acuraetely and safely hang the shelves.
Really it’s all very easy:
- Measure and cut your 2×8 to your specifications ( mine were cut to 33 inches long to fit in my desired space) – if you have a wonderful husband to this part it is a big help! 😉
- Sand, stain and seal your shelves
- Allow to dry overnight – or for 6-8 hours
- Measure and mark where the holes will be drilled
- Drill and secure the brackets
- Once the brackets are up make sure to secure them with provided screws, to prevent slipping or tipping.
That’s all!! Really very simple-if you haven’t already built your farmhouse shelves.
I hope this Inspires you to be creative- thanks for stopping by!