I’m so excited to share these items with you all! I love neutral colors and these items flow seamlessly through the season.
1. Pom Pom Crochet Knit Throw- Pottery Barn
2. Driftwood Bowl- Pier 1
3. Beaded White Pumpkin Pillow- Pier 1
4. Park Hill Lantern- Pottery Barn
5. Rose Hips Wreath – Pottery Barn
6. Galvanized Pumpkin Pillar Holder- Pottery Barn
7. Warren Pulley Task Table Lamp – Pottery Barn
8. Antique Mercury Glass Taper Holder – Pottery Barn
9. Preserved Wheat Stack Arrangement- Pier 1
Bringing in soft neutral colors on items that reflect fall, such as pumpkins can also help blend or pop your decor from season to season. Using soft, textured linens keeps loved ones warm at night, while leaving a cozy, inviting atmosphere in a room. Try leaving a supple fur throw on a guest bed, for travelers to sink into when they arrive. Galvanized candle holders and lanterns reminisce of the crisp air, while leaving a farmhouse touch to any fall decor. Touches of Antique Mercury glass add richness and class to any room.
What are your favorite fall trends?
Thank you door stopping by,
I wanted to share a few of my favorite trends for fall. These fall items mix into your home easily to add warmth for the fall holiday.
1. Ronan Plaid Throw- Pottery Barn
2. Preserved Avena Bundle Stack Set- Pier 1
3. Woodcurl Orange 19″ Square Wreath – Pier 1
4. “Give Thanks” Napkin Ring Set of 4- Pottery Barn
5. Painted Pumpkin Patch Pillow Cover- Pottery Barn
6. Arlington Monogrammed Lantern-Pottery Barn
7. Beaded Guilt Charger-Pottery Barn
8. Recycled Glass Pumpkin Candle Cloche-Pottery Barn
9. Washed Velvet Silk Quilt and Sham-Pottery Barn
I love how each of these items adds personal touches through out your home. Each creates a memory- charming quotes on pillows, napkin rings or rustic chalkboards add personlized appeal. Hints of brass against warm fall colors in throws, linens and pillows adds class, and topiaries or greeneries bring the outdoors in.
I wanted to share how to add simple shelves to your kitchen or any other area of your home. These shelves are quite simple and can come in quite a few variations, depending on your own personal style. I chose simple black brackets ( nothing in my home stays for very long, as I am already looking into changing these a bit 😜) shown above, to add warmth and give an industrial feel. you can choose other finishes or even use chippy, old corbels for a real authentic farmhouse feel. Listed below is the supplies I used for the shelves.-
- 1 2×8 unfinished common board 8ft long ( locating some old barnwood and sealing it would add character as well)
- Two black shelf brackets ( whichever design you prefer) or any other form of bracket/corbel
- Minwax wood stain in dark walnut
- Rustoleum spray sealant ( easy and quick!)
You would also need a drill, level and stud finder to acuraetely and safely hang the shelves.
Really it’s all very easy:
- Measure and cut your 2×8 to your specifications ( mine were cut to 33 inches long to fit in my desired space) – if you have a wonderful husband to this part it is a big help! 😉
- Sand, stain and seal your shelves
- Allow to dry overnight – or for 6-8 hours
- Measure and mark where the holes will be drilled
- Drill and secure the brackets
- Once the brackets are up make sure to secure them with provided screws, to prevent slipping or tipping.
That’s all!! Really very simple-if you haven’t already built your farmhouse shelves.
I hope this Inspires you to be creative- thanks for stopping by!